Friday, October 17, 2014

media & society: week 3

         Other than Facebook, Tumblr is the social networking site that I am most actively on. The other week my good friend Rachel showed me the weirdest company blog on Tumblr, and that company would be Denny's Diner. They have the FUNNIEST (and weirdest) advertising blog ever! Now, obviously they are targeting all the weird Tumblr users, and I would say its working. I always get a kick out of their posts. I am guilty of wandering into Denny's at 3 am, actually it happens more than I care to admit, but cheap breakfast and ads appeal to me. Just incase any of you need a good laugh, I will leave the link to this blog here:  http://blog.dennys.com/
 


This is my first year as a voter, however this is not my first year being politically aware. The big measure that I am passionate about is measure 92, labeling GMOs. I have been very passionate about this subject for three or four years now. Just as people have the right to food, they should have the right to know what is in their food. As much as I try to spread the word of GMOs and Monsanto, I do not always have a perfectly balanced GMO life style (like I said earlier, Denny's at 3 am) but when I grocery shop I like to look for the least modified produce and foods that I can. This election I will be voting yes on measure 92. On the TV I have only seen commercials for farmers against measure 92, and I understand why they are against it, I mean after all it does cost them more money to label food. But I think that cost is worth the knowledge of what we are putting into our bodies. However, there are many Pro 92 ads on the internet. My two favorites are from Wholes Foods Market and Oregon right to know.


I couldn't find the video for the Oregon right to know video under the "insert video from YouTube"  so here is the link instead, I hope you take the time to view it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6kfmLw6zhk

No comments:

Post a Comment